6.27.2017

amp work: Tweed Dirty

when my day job started to include making speaker cabs and amp enclosures, one of the first things I wanted to work with was tweed.

three years ago I started a tweed head for a small 18w handwired chassis.

I was working by hand and my woodworking chops could never quite get the symmetry of the curves I was going for with the front or rear panels.

this project was backburnered until I could get the lines I liked.

after arriving in TX, I got access to CNC and the first thing I did was cut and tolex the panels.

the catch? the rest of the head had already aged a little and the colors were mismatched.

I tried to age the new parts - didn't work.

The next best option was to make the whole head looked aged and blend the differing shades. 





















No comments: